Energy assistance program started by Oklahoma’s Human Services Department

LIHEAP Registration for Seniors at Dorr Township – Dorr Township – Serving  Portions of McHenry County, Illinois



Oklahoma Human Services is now accepting online applications for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Energy Crisis Assistance Program (ECAP) at

ECAP crisis criteria is verified directly with the utility provider:

  • Households which have an active cut-off notice for the utility on the day of application
  • Written notice from their utility provider for new service establishment or service restoration with minimum requirement security deposit, carryover debt or other fees
  • Written notice from their utility provider refusing to deliver additional fuel without a minimum required payment, and the fuel tank is below 10%
  • A pre-paid account with less than $25 balance in the account
  • Verification from the utility provider that the household entered into a payment plan to prevent service cut off

Households should apply online at

Tribal members:

Households with a member who is Native American may apply through or through their tribal nation. Households cannot receive assistance for the same program component from both Oklahoma Human Services and their tribe during the same federal fiscal year.

ECAP payment:

If eligible, households will be authorized for a one-time payment for the minimum amount required to resolve the crisis. Only one annual payment per household is allowed for ECAP. The total crisis payment is capped at $750 maximum per federal fiscal year, including energy crisis and life threatening medical assistance.

Household definition:

“Household” is defined as individuals using the same utility meter or utility source.

Information needed to apply for ECAP:

  • Most recent utility bill for their home
  • ID (such as a driver’s license)
  • Social Security number
  • Verification of income
  • Household size
  • Available resources
  • Responsibility for payment of home energy
    • Households are not eligible for energy assistance if the utility bill is paid directly to the provider by someone who does not reside in the house.


The maximum monthly gross income allowed per household size is:

  • 1 person: $1,580
  • 2 people: $2,137
  • 3 people: $2,694
  • 4 people: $3,250
  • 5 people: $3,807
  • 6 people: $4,364
  • 7 people: $4,921
  • 8 people: $5,478

For more information or to apply for ECAP, visit