Oklahoma City: Embark bus 2102, a 40-foot New Flyer Xcelsior CNG bus, southbound on Robinson Ave. at 7th St. Photo by Steve Morgan, 2021.
Oklahoma City’s bus service, EMBARK, put new bus routes into effect on Sunday.
The changes affected all of EMBARK’s bus routes. The OKC Moves Bus Service Changes include updates to service areas and bus stop locations for several routes and new schedules for all Oklahoma City routes, along with the launch of Central Oklahoma’s first Bus Rapid Transit line – RAPID NW.
Customers are encouraged to view the new Oklahoma City system map, Transit Center bus bay map, and individual route schedules online here or pick up new printed route maps and schedules at the EMBARK Transit Center, 420 NW 5th St.
Major changes include:
- Routes 003 and 005 Merge: Route 005 service is replaced by the new Route 003 and RAPID NW, linking the northeast side with Memorial Road, Quail Springs, and Mercy Hospital. Customers can transfer between Route 003 and RAPID NW at the new NW Expressway & Blackwelder RAPID platforms. Additionally, customer should note that morning start times for the new Route 003 are later than previous Route 005 service.
- Route 008 Expansion: Now reaching new destinations at NW Expressway and Council Rd.
- Route 024 Streamline: The streamlined express route between Norman and Oklahoma City will provide more direct service with stops at the OU Health Sciences Center and the central business district in downtown OKC. Route 024 customers can extend their trips north to the State Capitol Complex by transferring to Route 018 or Route 023 at OU Health Sciences Center.
- RAPID NW Line Launch: Buckle up for 7-day service on the RAPID NW line – your express ticket to a quicker commute!
- New schedules for all Oklahoma City bus routes.
Bus stop locations served by each route changed at the start of service on Sunday, 12/3. A list of new and retired OKC bus stops, including Stop ID and route(s) served, is available here.
EMBARK Downtown Transit Center and Bus Bays
The interior lobby of the EMBARK Transit Center is now open during regular hours as remodel of the public restrooms continues. Additionally, customers should be alert to new bus bay locations for some routes and the new RAPID platforms. An updated bus bay map is available here.
- For questions about EMBARK bus service, call 405-235-RIDE (7433).
- EMBARK Ambassadors will be at the Transit Center and on bus routes to assist customer with questions daily Dec. 3-9. Just look for a friendly face with an orange and yellow EMBARK safety vest.
- Find more information about OKC Moves service changes and RAPID NW here.
The OKC Moves Bus Service Changes were approved by the Central Oklahoma Transportation and Parking Authority (COTPA) Board of Trustees in May 2023.