The Oklahoma Transportation Commission will hold its monthly meeting by video teleconference at 11 a.m. Monday, July 6 due to COVID-19 precautions.
- Secretary of Transportation and Oklahoma Department of Transportation Executive Director Tim Gatz will report on the agency’s ongoing effort to improve the state’s public transit program for elderly and disabled Oklahomans, as well as development of the department’s long-range plan and distribution of federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act funding to rural transit providers.
- Gatz will also update the commission on the Transportation Modernization Initiative that involves ODOT, the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority and the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission and highlight the recent announcement of a more than $6 million federal grant for the Tulsa Port of Catoosa.
- Commissioners will be asked to consider a more than $14 million contract for construction of a brand-new interchange at I-40 and Frisco Rd. in partnership with the City of Yukon.
- They are also expected to vote on whether to award contracts for bridge rehabilitation on I-44 at Pennsylvania Ave. and SH-152/Airport Rd. at I-44 in Oklahoma City; traffic signal installation on SH-51 near Broken Arrow and pedestrian trail construction in partnership with the City of Duncan.
The full agenda can be viewed at www.odot.org/meetings.
Due to social distancing guidelines, the commission will meet to conduct business remotely by video conference, in compliance with recent legislation, executive orders and Open Meetings Act provisions. The meeting will be accessible to the public by video livestream or by phone only; meeting attendees and visitors will not be permitted to attend the meeting in-person.
To watch the commission meeting video teleconference livestream:
- Visit ustream.tv/channel/odot-monthly-commission-meeting
- Adjust the volume on your computer’s speakers and in the Ustream video player
- If the video doesn’t load or cuts out, try watching in a different web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- The meeting will also be recorded, captioned and available to the public online later
To access the commission video teleconference by phone this month:
- Call 1-669-900-6833
- When prompted, enter the meeting number 989 0292 8670, followed by #
- If you get a busy signal, wait about 10 seconds and try again
The commission, a nine-member panel appointed by the governor and legislative leaders to oversee the state’s transportation development, awards project contracts for road and bridge construction on a monthly basis.
The next Oklahoma Transportation Commission meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 3. More details will be made available prior to this meeting as the situation changes.