The Oklahoma Transportation Commission’s monthly meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 2, in the R.A. Ward Transportation Building, 200 N.E. 21st St., Oklahoma City. Members of the public and media may attend or watch the livestream video online.
Items to be addressed at the meeting:
- Secretary of Transportation Tim Gatz will update the commission on the next phase of the modernization effort involving three state transportation agencies, ongoing federal funding discussions in U.S. Congress, and proposed state highway numbering designations at Oklahoma turnpike connections.
- The Oklahoma Department of Transportation will present for the commission’s consideration its annual update to the County Improvements for Roads and Bridges (CIRB) Plan, which contains major state-funded county transportation projects in the next five years.
- Commissioners will be asked to vote on whether to award a nearly $32 million contract for I-35 bridge reconstruction near Thackerville and a more than $1 million contract for bridge rehabilitation at I-40 and Rockwell Ave. in Oklahoma City.
- They are also expected to consider contracts for US-69/75 resurfacing near the Texas state line, I-35 resurfacing between Tonkawa and Blackwell, and SH-66 shoulder improvements near Wellston.
The full agenda can be viewed at https://www.odot.org/tcomm/tcmeetings2021.htm and a list of bids for road and bridge projects that will be considered is available at https://www.odot.org/contracts/a2021/pdfs/lowbid2107.pdf
To watch the commission meeting video livestream:
- Visit https://video.ibm.com/channel/odot-monthly-commission-meeting;
- Adjust the volume on your computer’s speakers and in the
- Ustream video player;
- If the video doesn’t load or cuts out, try watching in a different web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox;
- The meeting will also be recorded, captioned and available to the public online later.
Source: press release ODOT