“What’s next?” is the theme for this year’s series of Oklahoma FFA Chapter Officer Leadership Training (COLT) conferences, which kick off August 27 in McAlester. Public Service Company of Oklahoma (PSO) sponsors the half-day events.
The leadership training is designed to equip attendees with tools to help them best serve their individual chapters during this school year. Elected officers from each of the 365 Oklahoma high school FFA chapters will attend the conferences, which will be at five locations across the state.
“Students that attend the COLT conferences go because they are up to the challenge of leading a group of leaders,” said PSO’s Tiffini Jackson, vice president, External Affairs. “It’s clear FFA fosters a culture of excellence, not only in agricultural education, but also in science, technology, entrepreneurism and leadership, and PSO is honored to support their success.”
Dates and locations for this year’s COLT Conferences are:
- 8/27…McAlester (Southeast Expo Center, 4500 W. U.S. 270)
- 9/3…Norman (Embassy Suites Hotel and Conference Center, 2501 Conference Dr.)
- 9/10…Glenpool (Glenpool Conference Center, 12205 S. Yukon Ave.)
- 9/17…Lawton (Great Plains Technology Center, 4500 S. Lee Blvd.)
- 9/24…Enid (Stride Bank Center, 301 S. Independence)
The COLT Conferences are sponsored by PSO as a special project of the Oklahoma FFA Foundation. FFA is an integral part of the agricultural education division of the Oklahoma Department of Career Tech Education. There are 27,000 Oklahoma FFA members statewide.