The U.S. Senate Commerce Committee votes Thursday on the re-nomination of Oklahoma Congressman Jim Bridenstine to be the next Administrator of NASA.
The hearing will start at 10 a.m. Oklahoma time as the committee plans an executive session to discuss Bridenstine’s nomination as well as others. He previously earned committee confirmation by one vote as his nomination was sent to the full U.S. Senate where there was never a vote held before the end of 2017.
Here is the agenda as released by the committee:
216 Hart Senate Office Building
The U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation will hold an executive session on Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. in Hart 216 to consider the following presidential nominations.
Click here for additional information on nominees.
1. Nomination of Leon A. Westmoreland, of Georgia, to be a Director of the Amtrak Board of Directors for a term of five years
2. Nomination of Barry Lee Myers, of Pennsylvania, to be Under Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere
3. Nomination of Diana Furchtgott-Roth, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary of Transportation
4. Nomination of Brendan Carr, of Virginia, to be a Member of the Federal Communications Commission for a term of five years from July 1, 2018
5. Nomination of Ann Marie Buerkle, to be Chairman of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and to be a Commissioner of the CPSC for a term of seven years
6. Nomination of James Bridenstine, of Oklahoma, to be Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration
7. Nomination of Dana Baiocco, of Ohio, to be a Commissioner of the Consumer Product Safety Commission for a term of seven years from October 27, 2017
*Agenda subject to change
Executive Session Details:
Thursday, January 18, 2018
Full Committee Markup
Senate Hart Building 216